httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Denys <dhryvas...@serena.com>
Subject RewriteRule question
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 09:15:15 GMT

Hello dear community -

I need to create some kind of proxy using Apache Server.

I tried to use something like
ProxyPass /test1/test2/ http://<another_server>/test/test.dll but had no
success because ProxyPass require "/" suffix after the second URL (something
like http://<another_server>/test/test.dll). In my case adding "/" is not
working because now test.dll part is meant as a directory instead of a file
test.dll inside test directory (my IIS server thinks so).

After that I tried to use RewriteRule. For example:
RewriteRule /test1/test2/ http://<another_server>/test/test.dll. This time
redirection is working perfectly - I see the desired page, but the URL is
completely changed to the new one and I want end users to see the first part
of the URL unchanged (the part with the server name and port). E.g. if user
enters like http://server1/test1/test2/ I would like him to see something
like http://server1/test1/test2/... after redirection.

Are there any ability to achieve this?

Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.