httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Abo <t...@hitech.com>
Subject RE: How to test if request has been aborted
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 23:35:56 GMT
> >>  I need to cut the processing short if the user decides to press the
> >>stop button on the browser. I cant seem to figure out how to test for
> >>that condition from inside the handler. Can anyone help me?
> >>

> >> Thanks in advance,
> >> Tony
> >
> > r->connection->aborted
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Tom
> Thanks Tom
>
> Will that value get updated asynchronously if the connection closes
> while my handler does its processing (I.e without calling any Apache
> functions)?

My testing shows that connection->aborted is not being set asynchronously when the connection
is closed by the client. I need one of the following:

- Some Apache function I can call that will attempt to touch the open socket and either set
connection->aborted or return an error status so I can know it is no longer connected.

Or

- Access to the actual socket buried somewhere in the connection structure. I can't seem to
find it. If I had that, I could test it myself.

Thanks again,
Tony