httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Zaid Amireh <tum...@gmail.com>
Subject Sharing information between threads and processes.
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:34:53 GMT
Hello,

I'm currently developing a module that is supposed to work for both worker and prefork MPMs,
the tricky part is that I need to have numerous APR queues, hashes and other structs to be
shared amongst all the threads and processes, is a shared memory segment that best way to
go or are there other alternatives? please keep in mind that I would like to keep the external
library dependencies as low as possible and so would rather stick to APR whenever I can.

I have checked mod_shm_counter.c and it is able to share information between threads and processes
but its memory segment is quite basic, expanding on it to accommodate variable length data
like queues and hashes seems pretty complicated unless I missed something obvious.

virtually yours

Zaid