httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Ignaz Birnstingl <ign...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharing information between threads and processes.
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 09:40:40 GMT
I implemented something very similar for my module: Dynamic
configuration data is retrieved from a remote server and should be
shared among all worker processes. Fortunately the configuration
changes only sporadically so I implemented it using
serialization/deserialization to/from the shared memory segment. Of
course inter-process locking must be considered - for example using
apr_proc_mutex_* or a spinlock inside the shared memory segment.

-- Ignaz