httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Jodi Bosa <jodib...@gmail.com>
Subject creating reverse proxy workers dynamically
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 05:19:53 GMT
Hi,

It seems I may need to create HTTPS reverse proxy workers DYNAMICALLY - what
is best way to do this?

In other words, from manual I see config directive:

    ProxyPass /example http://backend.example.com connectiontimeout=5
timeout=30

However, I will have several origin servers that aren't necessarily known
during config or startup.  How can I create such workers as needed?

The manual says "fixed configuration":

   *The proxy manages the configuration of origin servers and their
communication parameters in objects called workers. There are two built-in
workers, the default forward proxy worker and the default reverse proxy
worker. Additional workers can be configured explicitly.*
*   The two default workers have a fixed configuration and will be used if
no other worker matches the request. *

Thanks for any ideas.