httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From MK ...@cognitivedissonance.ca>
Subject illegal instruction 4
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 14:33:59 GMT
I have a mod_perl based module running a service on an openVZ slice.
It was working fine for a few weeks, but when I went to use it today I
get delivered an empty page and in the apache error.log:

child exit signal Illegal instruction (4)

Which AFAIK is a very strange thing (SIGILL); actual perl errors are
usually explicit, and passed on from the interpreter. To make sure the
problem wasn't in my code, I replaced the module with a one liner:

sub handler {
       return SERVER_ERROR;
}

Same thing.  Ie, suddenly perl modules are working.  I did not compile
apache or mod_perl myself.

Anyone have any ideas about how I can solve this or debug it further?
I have been playing around with small max stack sizes (ulimit -s 256),
but resetting that to 8192 and restarting apache did not alleviate the
problem.

--
"Enthusiasm is not the enemy of the intellect." (said of Irving Howe)
"The angel of history[...]is turned toward the past." (Walter Benjamin)