httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Funk <jasonlf...@gmail.com>
Subject Kill a request nicely
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 21:31:22 GMT
I am writing an output filter module that will under some circumstances want
to send back an HTTP Error Code and kill the request without sending back
the content. I have found that simply returning without ever passing the EOS
bucket to the next filters will make my browser display "No Data Received",
but this isn't ideal (and doesn't seem correct). I have tried setting the
status on my request object before sending the EOS bucket, but it seems to
be ignored or overwritten later. Any tips on how to accomplish this?

The pseudo code of my module currently looks like this:

Loop through brigade, caching bucket contents and passing them down stream.
> If EOS bucket is found, begin processing cached content.
> If everything is okay, pass EOS bucket downstream and finish.
> Otherwise, if there is a problem, kill the request.

Thanks!

Jason