httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: APR Shared Memory Usage
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 14:29:08 GMT
> I would assume that subsequent callers could use apr_shm_attach to then
> attach to an existing shared memory segment, however, it appears that this
> function is not used anywhere in the apache (2.2) code base whatsoever.
> (It is used in one or two places in 2.3).

I assume you don't see it in HTTP server because everyone inherits a
reference to shared memory created in the parent process.   Of course
outside of this you don't always have such a relationship.

Maybe the testshm* in apr/test/ would be a good resource?  The APR
tests are always easy to tinker with.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com