httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Massimo Manghi <massimo.man...@unipr.it>
Subject Re: Stop server
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 08:53:56 GMT
what if the hardware checking thread is in a process external to Apache
and, if needed, runs a orderly shutdown of the webserver by running a
shell procedure?
This would leave the option for automatically restarting the webserver
in case of a transitory hardware problem.

  -- Massimo

On 04/07/2011 10:13 AM, Niko Goutte wrote:

> In fact, I am not able to kill all the processes from the post_config. I can only kill
the current pid but I want to kill also all the children.
> Do you know how to do this ?
> Thank you.
>
>> From: ngoutte@hotmail.com
>> To: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org
>> Subject: Stop server
>> Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 15:44:34 +0200
>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I start a thread during the post_config which checks the state of the hardware machine.
>> If something goes wrong, this thread has to stop the Apache server.
>> Is it possible ?
>> For now, I am only able to kill the root process and I have to duplicate this thread
on each child in order to let them kill themselves.