httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Marantz <jmara...@google.com>
Subject Re: ordering output filters
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 17:54:53 GMT
Thanks, Nick & Ben!

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Nick Kew <niq@apache.org> wrote:

> AP_FTYPE_RESOURCE+1.  That also leaves an admin the possibility of
> overriding it.

I didn't realize these +1/-1 hacks were available for this API.  This looks
really simple & is the direction I'm leaning.

> Why not an insert_filter hook?

This is a really good question: I didn't know about this hook.  Is there a
good place I should go to learn about these hooks myself?  Of course, asking
this mailing-list has worked really well so far thanks to Ben & yourself &
others.

And in particular, adding an insert_filter hook sounds a little more complex
than the AP_FTYPE_RESOURCE+1 idea.  Is there some advantage to using
insert_filter hook?

-Josh