httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Caruso <i...@simonecaruso.com>
Subject Re: module interaction
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2011 23:23:23 GMT
On 26/03/2011 22:18, Ben Noordhuis wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 16:09, Brian McQueen<mcqueenorama@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> If you want to share functions then put them into a library and they
>> will be shared in the usual way like normal c functions. If you want
>> to pass data between modules there are are notes and environment.

I need to access other module configuration...

> This. And there is also the provider API and the optional function
> stuff in ap_provider.h and apr_optional.h.

I think provider or apr_optional are what i'm looking for,
i read mod_authnz_ldap for a provider sample and mod_ldap for apr_optional,
maybe i have understood the logic, but... i don't understand the difference between these
two approaches..
there is a doc or someone can explain it ?

--
Simone Caruso
IT Consultant