httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From MK ...@cognitivedissonance.ca>
Subject Re: apxs "DEFS"
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 15:07:24 GMT
On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 08:14:19 +0000
Nick Kew <niq@apache.org> wrote:
> > However, it can't be done with apxs :(
>
> It hadn't crossed my mind to try that with apxs (adjust by hand where
> necessary).  But in principle, Good Idea!  Patches welcome!
>
> Sorry, no new suggestions

The "problem" turns out to sort of obvious -- it's because this string
gets passed thru the shell *twice* (once to apxs and then from apxs to
gcc).  So what works is:

apxs -c -D mydef=\\\\"$SOME_ENV_VAR\\\\"

Which leaves a set of escaped double quotes after the first pass for
the second pass...

--
"Enthusiasm is not the enemy of the intellect." (said of Irving Howe)
"The angel of history[...]is turned toward the past." (Walter Benjamin)