httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From MK ...@cognitivedissonance.ca>
Subject apxs "DEFS"
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2011 23:44:24 GMT
I hope it is okay to be asking questions about apxs here.

In the makefile created by apxs, there is the following:

#   additional defines, includes and libraries
#DEFS=-Dmy_define=my_value

AFAICT, uncommenting this and using "DEFS" to add a define does not do
anything -- it does not even appear in the call to libtool, etc. Has
anyone else noticed this?

So I have been using the command line instead:

apxs -D myvar=myvalue

which does work.  However, I need to keep the shell away from certain
characters (such as '/') in the value by single quoting the assignment,
which with gcc would look like this:

gcc -D'myvar="/some/path"'

However, it can't be done with apxs :(

Anyone know of a work around?

--
"Enthusiasm is not the enemy of the intellect." (said of Irving Howe)
"The angel of history[...]is turned toward the past." (Walter Benjamin)