httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Noordhuis <i...@bnoordhuis.nl>
Subject Re: mod_ruby on Apache for Windows 2.2.17
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:55:54 GMT
On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 08:25, Zeno Davatz <zdavatz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to debug mod_ruby to load in Apache for Windows. So far
> Apache for Windows does start with mod_ruby.so but it seems that httpd
> does not start correctly with mod_ruby enabled in Apache for Windows.

I don't have a solution for you but I would suggest to not do this
(run mod_ruby on Windows, that is).

Apache on Windows serves all requests from a single process. The Ruby
interpreter is not thread-safe so mod_ruby creates a Big Mutex
whenever it needs to run. Thus on Windows, with its single-process
model, mod_ruby can only serve one request at a time.