httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Zeno Davatz <zdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_ruby on Apache for Windows 2.2.17
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:33:34 GMT
Dear Eric

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Apache on Linux does not do that? Our Apache on Linux with mod_ruby
>> sometimes has over 1'000 sessions and about 30-50 threads open. Memory
>> can go up to 10 GB.
>
> Normally Apache on unix uses multiple child processes. See your MPM
> and MPM configuration for details.

Yes, thank you. I am just reading this:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/platform/windows.html

Quote: Because Apache for Windows is multithreaded, it does not use a
separate process for each request, as Apache can on Unix. Instead
there are usually only two Apache processes running: a parent process,
and a child which handles the requests. Within the child process each
request is handled by a separate thread.

Fundamental stuff I did not know this explicitly.

Best
Zeno