httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Zeno Davatz <zdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_ruby on Apache for Windows 2.2.17
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:46:14 GMT
Dear Eric

Thank you for your reply.

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I really think it is the Content Handlers that do not work. So there
>> must be something different there in Apache for Windows compared to
>> Apache for Linux.
>
> Not in every other module that implements a handler, or even the one
> you care about when compiled with VS -- seems like some kind of ABI or
> tools problem not a problem with the module's src code.

Say that again please. So where should I start looking for next? How
do you recommend I should go about to debug this problem from the ABI
point of view. Which tools do you mean?

BTW:

I can execute Ruby as a CGI-script without a problem with these simple
VirtualHost settings (I tested it with test.rbx)

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName de.oddb.win
        DocumentRoot
C:\Ruby-1.8.6-oniguruma\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\de.oddb-2.0.0\doc
        DirectoryIndex index.rbx
#        RubyAddPath
'C:/Ruby-1.8.6-oniguruma/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/de.oddb-2.0.0/lib'
#        RubyRequire 'sbsm/trans_handler'
#        RubyTransHandler SBSM::ZoneTransHandler.instance

        <Directory
C:\Ruby-1.8.6-oniguruma\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\de.oddb-2.0.0\doc>
                Options ExecCGI
                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
                <Files "*.rbx">
#                    RubyHandler Apache::RubyRun.instance
#                    SetHandler ruby-object
                </Files>
        </Directory>

I put test.rbx into the above doc folder and it works fine. My
index.rbx will not be executed because I need the SBSM Handler
(internal tool). Also mod_ruby can handle a lot more RPS and is just
much faster. So that is why I need mod_ruby.

Best
Zeno