httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Noordhuis <i...@bnoordhuis.nl>
Subject Re: Help trying to figure out why an output_filter is not called.
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 20:46:03 GMT
On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 20:40, Joshua Marantz <jmarantz@google.com> wrote:
> So if I try to remove the 'expires' filter from my handler (which runs
> early) then mod_expires will have a handler that runs later that inserts it
> after my module has completed.

No, it's the other way around. mod_expires uses the insert_filter hook
to insert its filter before your handler is run (and how could it be
otherwise? Output filters are there to post-process the content your
handler generates).

Have a look at ap_invoke_handler() in config.c, that should give you a
handle on how the filter chain works. But don't hesitate to post your
questions if you have them, of course. :)