httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help trying to figure out why an output_filter is not called.
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 16:14:12 GMT
On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 08:45:57 -0500
Joshua Marantz <jmarantz@google.com> wrote:

> What might be going wrong in his server to cause this to fail?  Could some
> other filter be somehow finding our filter and killing it?  Or sending the
> bytes directly to the network before our filter has a chance to run?

Yes.  Any of the above.  Someone may be breaking modularity.
PHP has a track record of that, and from your recent posts here
I'd guess it's not the only suspect.

Can you reproduce the problem?  If so, run it under a debugger or trace
and look for when your filter is inserted and whether it's removed.
Does mod_diagnostics tell you anything if you run it at the same level
as yours?

--
Nick Kew