httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Marantz <jmara...@google.com>
Subject Re: Overriding mod_rewrite from another module
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2010 23:16:08 GMT
Thanks for the quick response and the promising idea for a hack.  Looking at
mod_rewrite.c this does indeed look a lot more surgical, if, perhaps,
fragile, as mod_rewrite.c doesn't expose that string-constant in any formal
interface (even as a #define in a .h).  Nevertheless the solution is
easy-to-implement and easy-to-test, so...thanks!

I'm also still wondering if there's a good source of official documentation
for the detailed semantics of interfaces like ap_hook_translate_name.
 Neither a Google Search, a  stackoverflow.com search, nor the Apache
Modules<http://www.amazon.com/Apache-Modules-Book-Application-Development/dp/0132409674/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293837117&sr=8-1>book
offer much detail.
code.google.com fares a little better but just points to 4 existing usages.

-Josh