httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Rémy Sanchez <remy.sanc...@hyperthese.net>
Subject Shared memory ?
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 16:12:01 GMT

 Hi,

 I'm coding a module to somehow replace/complement mod_security (it's
 more a proof of concept than a real project for now). The first thing
 that I'd like to have is a DNSBL, so that detected intruders are
 instantly banned when added to the blacklist. Because doing a DNS query
 for each HTTP request might be a bit heavy, I'd like to keep the results
 in cache.

 I guess that if I create something from the config pool, it will be
 duplicated between processes. But another security I want is to check
 URL against regexps commonly used by botnets/script kiddies. Then, if an
 IP is blacklisted, I want its state to be changed instantly in all
 caches. Which, if data is duplicated, is not possible. Would there be a
 simple way to achieve this ? Or would it be more clever to move to
 another solution, like using a common redis datastore for
 blacklist/whitelist/rules lookup ?

 Thanks,
 Rémy