httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Andrej van der Zee <andrejvander...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache log modules
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 00:39:35 GMT
Hi,

I am looking for a way to deduct the concept of a "transaction" from
the Apache log. What I mean is that I want to group HTTP requests that
are sent by one particular client, for example when a user clicks a
link in the browser. Then I want to be able to group all the HTTP
requests that are the result of that one click (only taking account
for requests that are going to our servers).

Assuming that both client and server have the KeepAlive enabled, I
though that maybe a custom Apache log-module could write the
connection ID (if such a thing exists) to the log in order to
distinguish different clients. Moreover, assuming that users wait for
at least 1 second between clicks, I should be able to deduct
transactions by grouping them on timestamps that fall within a second.

The scheme with the connection ID, can it work, or am I misjudging
something completely? Are there alternatives?

Thank you,
Andrej