httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Noordhuis <i...@bnoordhuis.nl>
Subject Re: compile a file written by C++ into apache
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 12:57:24 GMT
2010/11/30 whut_jia <whut_jia@163.com>:
> I write a module by C++ supporting the generation of SAML assertion, so in my  module
I called the OpenSAML Library.The question is how I compile this source file written by c++
language into my apache server.

Like you compile any mixed project: define a function in your C++ code
with C linkage[1] and call it from your C code. Compile .c and .cc
files to object files, then link them into a shared object.

apxs2 probably won't be much help here, it doesn't seem to handle C++
source files (at least, it never does in my projects).

[1] extern "C" void entrypoint(void *data) { /* ... */ }