httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Andrej van der Zee <andrejvander...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache log modules
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 02:45:09 GMT
Hi,

> My condolences.  I have felt your pain.

Thanks ;)

I just read the documentation of mod_log_config 2.3 and some
logging-options have been added, to my pleasant surprise! I was
thinking I could use:

%a = client's IP address
%{remote}p = client's port

Would this pair uniquely identify one client connection, also for
clients behind one NAT router?

Then, in combination with the option %k this *might* be a solution to
"follow" users (of course, with some restrictions):

%k = Number of keepalive requests handled on this connection.
Interesting if KeepAlive is being used, so that, for example, a '1'
means the first keepalive request after the initial one, '2' the
second, etc...; otherwise this is always 0 (indicating the initial
request).

Would this be feasible? Any comments?

Thank you,
Andrej