httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: how to add mod_session_crypto into apache
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 10:05:55 GMT
On 25.11.2010 03:30, whut_jia wrote:
> At 2010-11-24 22:15:43,"Rainer Jung"<rainer.jung@kippdata.de>  wrote:
>
>> On 24.11.2010 13:57, whut_jia wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I want to add mod_session_crypto  into my apache server, so I run this command
below for configuring the source tree:
>>> ./configur --prefix=/usr/local/apache2.3 --with-apr=/usr/local/apr --with-apr-util=/usr/local/apr
  --enable-mods-shared="all session_crypto"
>>> But there are always these errors :
>>>      checking apr_crypto.h usability ... no
>>>      checking for apr_crypto.h ... no
>>>      configure WARNING : Your APR does not include SSL/EVP        support
>>>

>>>    I can't find  this file(crypto.h) in my APR directory,so I copy this file
from APR website into my APR include directory.But these errors are not still resolved.
>>> What should I do?
>>
>> mod_session_crypto needs crypto support in APR/APU. There is no version
>> of APR or APU released until now, which has that support. If you want to
>> experiment with mod_session_crypto, you need to either build apr-util
>> (APU) from the head of the 1.4.x branch (and using e.g. the latest
>> released APR 1.4), or using APR trunk, which contains APR and the
>> previously separately released APU.
>>
>> APU 1.4.x is available for svn checkout at
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-util/branches/1.4.x/
>>
>> and if you prefer that way APR trunk is available at
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk/
>>
>> Note that these are not released yet. To build them you will need a
>> toolchain containing e.g. autoconf and run the buildconf scripts
>> contained in the checkout.
>>
>> There's no way to add crypto support to your already existing
>> /usr/local/apr.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rainer
>
> Oh,My APR's version is released apr-1.4.2 .How do i build  apr-util  from the head of
the 1.4.x branch.What is the 1.4.x branch,and where  I can download the 1.4.X branch source
code.

First remember that APU 1.4 hasn't been released yet. You might use it
for testing and development, but think twice before using it for production.

There is no download available. You have to checkout using subversion.

To build you will need a slightly extended toolchain including m4,
autoconf and automake on your system.

Build steps:

1) Checkout APU from subversion

svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-util/branches/1.4.x/

2) Provide APR sources

Download and extract apr sources (latest released 1.4 version) available
at http://apr.apache.org/.

3) Go to the APU checkout directory and run

./buildconf --with-apr=/path/to/your/apr/1.4/sources

4) Run configure, make, make install

Check options using

./confgure -help

then run configure with your preferred options (or without any).

Finally as usual

make
make check
make install