httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Shared memory ?
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 18:50:08 GMT
With 2.3/trunk you have mod_socache and/or mod_slotmem (with shared memory).

socache implements a shared memory based expiring cache and slotmem
is a scoreboard-like shared memory impl.

On Nov 15, 2010, at 11:12 AM, Rémy Sanchez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm coding a module to somehow replace/complement mod_security (it's more a proof of
concept than a real project for now). The first thing that I'd like to have is a DNSBL, so
that detected intruders are instantly banned when added to the blacklist. Because doing a
DNS query for each HTTP request might be a bit heavy, I'd like to keep the results in cache.

> I guess that if I create something from the config pool, it will be duplicated between
processes. But another security I want is to check URL against regexps commonly used by botnets/script
kiddies. Then, if an IP is blacklisted, I want its state to be changed instantly in all caches.
Which, if data is duplicated, is not possible. Would there be a simple way to achieve this
? Or would it be more clever to move to another solution, like using a common redis datastore
for blacklist/whitelist/rules lookup ?