httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Franz Schwartau <fr...@electromail.org>
Subject Re: New module for anonymous ip logging
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 23:13:10 GMT
Yes, of course, but all (cryptographic) hash functions are "vulnerable"
to brute force attacks. It's just a question of effort/time.

The salt used in mod_log_iphash is 128 characters long. So we have
64^128 + 2^32 (for the concatenated IPv4 address) possibilities. If you
want you can increase SALT_SIZE.

The salt is not exposed. But it can be read in memory though.