httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From r.@tuxteam.de
Subject Re: Strange EOS bucket in filter
Date Sat, 23 Oct 2010 11:20:34 GMT
On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 12:55:05PM +0200, rm@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 11:22:20AM +0100, Nick Kew wrote:
> >
> > On 23 Oct 2010, at 11:06, rm@tuxteam.de wrote:
> >

> > > Hello list,
> > >
> > > I'm currently developing an output filter that , dpending on some
> > > condition either parses all data to convert it (and hence don't pass any
> > > of the incomming buckets down the pipe) or decides to leave the data as
> > > it is and just pushes all incomming buckets down. Now, strangely, for
> > > the second case every second request my filter only gets an EOS bucket
> > > (as the first bucket te filter sees) for all resources that the filter
> > > doesn't need to touch. This only seems to happen for requests with
> > > keep-alive true. That somehow sounds like someting I've encoutered
> > > before but I can't recall when or where :-/ Any ideas what's going on?
> >
> > Are you clearing all the input once you've consumed it?
>
> You mean input buckets that i get as a the brigade parameter in my
> filter callback? Yes, at least mod_diagnostics shows an EOS buffer
> comming from my filter as the last buffer for that request.
> Strange ....

Ah, found some hint: this only happens when I run the request through a
proxy (had accidently set http_proxy in my debugging shell ...).
Hm: I can narrow this dow to a second request with an If-Modified-Since
header with the same value as  the last sent Last-Modified header.
So 304/Not-Modified will still chase an EOF through the content filter
chain? Good to know ...

  Thanks RalfD