httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Filters before mod_include
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2010 15:42:13 GMT
On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 07:44:47 -0700 (PDT)
Travis Bassetti <drchong2000-apache@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to register an output filter that processes the request before
> mod_include?   I'm trying to build a filter which inserts extra markup around
> each "#include virtual" SSI directive.   I can only seem to register an output
> filter after mod_include as mod_include declares APR_HOOK_REALLY_FIRST in its
> configuration.

The order of output filters is ordinarily a matter of configuration, subject
to the broad category (AP_FTYPE_***) types.  See the user docs.  The APR_HOOK_*
stuff has nothing to do with the filter.

If you want to program ordering into your module, you can have it insert its own
and other filters in your chosen order.  See mod_proxy_html for an example: it
may insert mod_xml2enc before and/or after itself according to the configuration
options.  But note that it still relies on configuration: if you really want to
force it, you would also have to undo any other filter configuration.

--
Nick Kew