httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Jodi Bosa <jodib...@gmail.com>
Subject Peek at request from within Connection input filter
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 03:08:58 GMT
Is there a way that I can "peek" at the request from within a Connection
filter?  In other words, I need to examine the actual HTTP request in order
to affect something in another Connection filter.  A constraint is that I
cannot modify this other Connection filter.

It seems I am in a somewhat unique situation that translating between
different protocols has introduced this issue (perhaps a close analogy is
stuffing a square peg in round hole) - and unfortunately it comes down to
either somehow "peeking" at the request, or manipulating Apache in some
other fashion, ...or writing a content handler that sets up its own filter
chain and then manually invoke those (which poses its own challenges).

Thanks.