httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Fabio Kaminski <fabiokamin...@gmail.com>
Subject modules architecture issue
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 17:57:25 GMT
Hi all,

im working with apache modules on apache 2.3 for direct application
development..

and at least for data, i thought use something like  [input filter ->
handler -> output filter]

where the input filter receives a formated string and parse into a internal
object struct.. the handler get it
and using a rest mechanism (put,delete,get,post) in the handler..

the handler then call a db api, for the data operation.. and if is something
like get.. the output filter decode our internal object struct into
the formated string..

first thing to ask.. its that arquitecture right, since i can do this only
with a handler.. without the filters.. but what i saw is that there
classical modules, with practices from apache 1..
and modules designed with 2.0 and 2.2 in mind..

so, what would be the best practice for this scenario, if you can design
something targeting 2.4?!

i saw the smart filter, but couldnt fire it.. since i didnt see a example
module using it..

and with [in filter -> handler -> out filter] scenario, right now if i hook
a handler.. the filter doesnt fire.. wich make me think in forget about
filter
and do it all in the handler.. thatÅ› whats about my question here.. why not?

thanks!

Fabio Kaminski