httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Peek at request from within Connection input filter
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 10:26:55 GMT

On 14 Sep 2010, at 04:08, Jodi Bosa wrote:

> Is there a way that I can "peek" at the request from within a Connection
> filter?  In other words, I need to examine the actual HTTP request in order
> to affect something in another Connection filter.  A constraint is that I
> cannot modify this other Connection filter.

No.  There isn't a request object in a connection filter.  A connection
may be handling multiple requests which can't be deterministically
mapped.  Or there may be no Request at all if the protocol is not HTTP.

If you can ensure there is a meaningful Connection-Request
correspondence in your app, use the connection's configuration
record to pass information to/from the request(s).

--
Nick Kew