httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Neil Erdwien <n...@k-state.edu>
Subject cookie handling functions
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 16:34:18 GMT
I'm writing a filter module that needs to inspect cookie values sent
with the request.

Getting the cookie string is easy via:

    char *s = apr_table_get(r->headers_in, "cookie");

However, this returns the whole cookie string, i.e., something like:

    name=value; name="value"; name="quoted \"value\""

Possibly with $Version, $Path, etc.  RFC 2965 is the spec.

I can write code to parse that out, but...

1.  It is tedious.

2.  Surely this has been done.  Are there functions somewhere inside
Apache HTTPD, and accessible from a filter, that will do something like:

    char *value = get_cookie(r, "cookiename");

3.  Whatever is already coded will probably more faithfully implement
the RFC than what I cook up.

--
Neil Erdwien, neil@k-state.edu, 785-532-4905
Web Technologies Manager