httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Meyer <>
Subject Re: Maintaining for modules with multiple sources... (solved)
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 08:42:40 GMT
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 22:08:17 -0400
Mike Meyer <> wrote:

> I'm working on a module whose source is spread across multiple
> files. About the time I was adding the seventh file's .lo & .slo, I
> decided "The computer should be doing this", and did what I thought
> was a standard make hack:
> C_FILES=merchant_mod.c ...
> LO_FILES=${C_FILES:%.c=%.lo}
> SLO_FILES=${C_FILES:%.c=%.slo}
> in my Makefile, and
> mod_merchant.1a: ${SLO_FILES}
> 	$(SH_LINK) -rpath $(libexecdir) -modules -avoid-version ${LO_FILES}
> in the
> Trouble is, it doesn't run the compile step for the files, but goes
> straight to trying to link the .lo's together, which doesn't work all
> that well.
> I'm building against apache httpd 2.2 on Freebsd 8.1-RELEASE and
> OpenSolaris snv_134, as I need to run on both.

For the search engines:

The problem was that the variables have to be set when the include
files are processed. So the lines setting all my file names has to
occur before the lines:

include .../build/

Otherwise, they aren't set, so the .la files don't have an
dependencies, so nothing gets compiled, and so on.

Mike Meyer <>

O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail -

View raw message