httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Meyer <mwm-keyword-apache.b9a...@mired.org>
Subject Maintaining modules.mk for modules with multiple sources...
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 02:08:17 GMT
I'm working on a module whose source is spread across multiple
files. About the time I was adding the seventh file's .lo & .slo, I
decided "The computer should be doing this", and did what I thought
was a standard make hack:

C_FILES=merchant_mod.c ...
LO_FILES=${C_FILES:%.c=%.lo}
SLO_FILES=${C_FILES:%.c=%.slo}

in my Makefile, and

mod_merchant.1a: ${SLO_FILES}
	$(SH_LINK) -rpath $(libexecdir) -modules -avoid-version ${LO_FILES}

in the modules.mk.

Trouble is, it doesn't run the compile step for the files, but goes
straight to trying to link the .lo's together, which doesn't work all
that well.

I'm building against apache httpd 2.2 on Freebsd 8.1-RELEASE and
OpenSolaris snv_134, as I need to run on both.

Searching google doesn't turn up much on this, and the modules in the
apache source tree all seem to just list all the files, rather than
trying to generate them automatically.

Anyone got a hint as to why this doesn't work, and what I should do to
fix it? Or maybe another way to deal with modules with multiple source
files that doesn't involve having to add each file suffix in three
different places?

      Thanks,
      <mike