httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: mod_ssl with dbd support
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 09:22:30 GMT
On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 01:11:51AM -0500, Michael Sierks wrote:
> I would like to have mod_ssl retrieve certificate information from a
> database according to the request URI specifically using the dbd
> framework. I am not completely sure it is even possible. But if it
> were, what would be the best way to get this functionality ? Could a
> module be made to extend mod_ssl or does mod_ssl itself have to be
> modified ? If anyone could give me some more information about the
> best way to solve this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

There seems to be a bit missing about just what it is you'd want mod_ssl
to retrieve from the dbd? A list of allowed client certs? because then
you could probably get much the same effect with either SSLusername or
SSLOptions FakeBasicAuth and the authn dbd module.

vh

Mads Toftum
--
http://soulfood.dk