httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy R." <>
Subject Hooking get_suexec_identity and returning NULL
Date Sat, 28 Aug 2010 19:09:22 GMT
I'm writing a module which I want to disable suexec under some circumstances. Unfortunately,
get_suexec_identity is declared in such a way that I don't see a clean way to achieve this.

I can hook get_suexec_identity and return NULL when the conditions I want arise, but this
simply causes the next module to handle the hook (mod_userdir, for instance, always handles
the hook if it's a userdir request). I want to override that and force NULL (that is, not
calling suexec). The two approaches I've come across so far:

1. Put in a bogus identity, handle it by modifying suexec.
2. Modify the mod_userdir_user table so that mod_userdir doesn't handle get_suexec_identity.

Neither of these is particularly palatable (it would be nice if "no identity" and "declined"
were distinct values); is there a better option? If not, which of these two options would
be better? I'm completely new to Apache development, so any insight or pointers would be appreciated.

Jeremy R.

View raw message