httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Janovsky <peterjanov...@yahoo.com>
Subject AP_FTYPE_PROTOCOL vs AP_FTYPE_RESOURCE Filter
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:13:19 GMT
First off, I'd like to thank everyone as this email list has been extremely
helpful in helping understand handlers, subrequests and filters.

My question

I have a handler which generates two subrequests.  Apache internally chunks the
data from the subrequests causing the HTTP headers to be written.  I need to
modify the HTTP headers before they are written to the client and after the
first subrequest has been run as I need to modify one of the subrequest headers
and include it as a main request header. To accomplish this task should I use a
filter and attach it to the subrequest?

request_rec *subReq = ap_sub_req_lookup_uri(proxyPassPathToURL, r, r->next);

If so, should I use an AP_FTYPE_PROTOCOL or AP_FTYPE_RESOURCE filter?  If not
should I create a brigade within the main request, call the filter and pass in
the brigade?  Needless to say I'm a little confused.  Thnx for your help.