httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Godziuk <and...@cloudaccess.net>
Subject Can an Apache module inject configuration in runtime?
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 09:39:47 GMT
Hi,

First of all, hi to the Apache developers, I'm new to this list - nice
to meet you all.

I'm wondering if it's possible for an Apache module to change global
config structures.

What I want to achieve is injecting new vhosts without Apache restart.
Of course I'm aware that the changes would fully take effect after all
workers have recycled, but for me - it's still better than a restart.

I've written an Apache module before, but the configuration is an
unknown land to me. While reading config.c, I noticed that a function
called ap_build_config() could be helpful, but how do I call it to do
what I need? Is it at all possible?

--
Andrew