httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Chen Chien-Yu <honer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: interaction between mod_substitute and mod_proxy
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 11:42:09 GMT
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to the development of Apache. It seems that the contents
returning from reverse proxy won't be processed by the mod_substitute?
I did some tests, in normal case without reverse proxy, the web pages from
the Apache itself will be substituted.

mod_proxy is implemented as a hook, but mod_substitute as a filter...
Is that possible to make them work together?

After roughly tracing the code of mod_proxy, it receives the data from the
server and sends out the contents to the client directly
via apr_socket_send().
Does that imply it doesn't put the data into output filters? That's why they
don't work together?

If I wanna have the same effect as mod_substitute on mod_proxy, I should
modify the code of mod_proxy rather than using mod_substitute?

Thanks

Best regards,
honercek

http://www.google.com/profiles/honercek