httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Harrison ...@pixar.com>
Subject simple mapping module example?
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 03:56:44 GMT
I would like to do a simple mapper:

    - given some inputs, calculate a file path
    - let apache serve out that file for me

Is there a simple example of how to do this?  mod_rewrite
is pretty heavy-duty, and I'd like to get a simpler
model to follow.

Here's what I've got so far, am I on the right track?

Many TIA!
Mark

static int my_mapper(request_rec *r)
{
     mypath = lookup(...); <-- e.g. "/usr/mydir/myfile.mp4"

     ap_set_content_type(r, "video/mp4");
     apr_table_add(r->headers_out, "Content-disposition",
                                   "inline; filename=acad.mp4");

     ap_???(r, mypath); <-- tell apache we want to serve this file
                            do this by setting something in r?

     return ???;      <-- tell apache to continue to the next step
                          and serve out the file
}

static void register_mymapper(apr_pool_t *p)
{
     ap_hook_translate_name(my_mapper,NULL,NULL,APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
}

module AP_MODULE_DECLARE_DATA mymapper_module = {
     STANDARD20_MODULE_STUFF,
     NULL,
     NULL,
     NULL,