httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: dynamic module versioning
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:28:12 GMT
On Apr 26, 2010, at 7:33 AM, alin vasile wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   How I can accomplish the dynami9c module versioning? For example I want to deliver
mod_x.so.1.0.1. Where do I need to specify the version "10.0.1"?

> Thanks,
> Alin

So, create a tar ball entitled "mod_x-10.0.1.tgz" or something similar.  Apache isn't going
to care one way or another.  The only "cares" for versioning are what you've compiled the
module against, and any visual cues (e.g. the filename, or just defining a version string
and using that.  e.g. :

#define MOD_X_VERSION "10.0.1"

Then, wherever you want to attach the version string, just add the MOD_X_VERSION.  Remember,
apache doesn't care.

If you want a resulting mod_x.so.10.0.1, just rename the .so file.  apxs is just going to
build the .so.  Doing this will be the rare case, though.  Do at your own risk.

Joe