httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Andrej van der Zee <andrejvander...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LD_PRELOAD for modules
Date Sat, 27 Mar 2010 11:58:13 GMT
Hi Sorin,

> In the Debian package of apache there's /etc/apache2/envvars. I'm not
> sure if this file appears in an out-of-the-box compilation of apache2.
> Anyway, /usr/sbin/apache2ctl looks for it and loads it before
> launching the server.
>
> The server in launched in the environment that is set in envvars.
>
> So you could try writing
>
> export LD_PRELOAD=...
>
> in envvars.
>
> I do not know if this has an effect on how apache2 spawns the CGI
> applications but you might give it a try.

Thank you for putting me back on track! I found the solution I think.
>From the Apache documentation:

SetEnv directive
Syntax: SetEnv env-variable value
Context: server config, virtual host, directory, .htaccess
Override: FileInfo
Module: mod_env
Compatibility: SetEnv is only available in Apache 1.1 and later.
Directory and .htaccess context is available in Apache 1.3.7 and
later.

Sets an environment variable, which is then passed on to CGI scripts
and SSI pages. Example:

    SetEnv SPECIAL_PATH /foo/bin