httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas, Peter" <ptho...@HPTI.com>
Subject Fighting with build process 2.2.x on Sparc Solaris 10
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 22:21:11 GMT
In order to test my certificate authentication provider code, I need to
be able to build with LDAP & SSL support.  I've tried pulling
.../branches/2.2.x and .../tags/2.2.14 and working from buildconf up to
a working Makefile to no avail.

I've installed every dependency I can find, added every appropriate lib
directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and added -I directives to the include
files to CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS.  Nothing I do seems to work.  My problems
started when the buildconf file tells me that I have to check out
.../apr/apr-util/trunk--and that no longer exists!  I think I've managed
to get apr built, but I am dying in apr-util.

$ uname -a
SunOS app1-t2-dev 5.10 Generic_127111-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200
$ pkginfo | grep SMC
application SMCapr                           apr
application SMCaprutil                       aprutil
application SMCautoc                         autoconf
application SMCexpat                         expat
application SMClgcc346                       libgcc
application SMClibt                          libtool
application SMCliconv                        libiconv
application SMClintl                         libintl
application SMCm4                            m4
application SMCncurs                         ncurses
application SMColdap                         openldap
application SMCossl                          openssl
application SMCsasl                          sasl
application SMCsed                           sed

/bin/bash /.../httpd-2.2.x/srclib/apr/libtool --silent --mode=link
/bin/cc    -L/usr/local/lib -I/usr/local/include -L/usw/sfw/lib
-I/usr/sfw/include -xO4 -xchip=generic     -release 1 -module -rpath
/usr/local/apr/lib/apr-util-1 -o ldap/apr_ldap.la ldap/apr_ldap_init.lo
ldap/apr_ldap_option.lo ldap/apr_ldap_rebind.lo -lldap -llber -llber
ld: fatal: library -lnet: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to
ldap/.libs/apr_ldap-1.so
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ldap/apr_ldap.la'
Current working directory /.../httpd-2.2.x/srclib/apr-util
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
otarget=`echo all-recursive | sed s/-recursive//`; \
list='xml dbd dbm encoding hooks buckets misc crypto uri strmatch
memcache dbm/sdbm ldap xlate '; \
for i in $list; do \
    if test -f "$i/Makefile"; then \
        target="$otarget"; \
        echo "Making $target in $i"; \
        if test "$i" = "."; then \
            made_local=yes; \
            target="local-$target"; \
        fi; \
        (cd $i && make $target) || exit 1; \
    fi; \
done; \
        if test "$otarget" = "all" && test -z "libaprutil-1.la
aprutil.exp apu-config.out dbd/apr_dbd_pgsql.la ldap/apr_ldap.la"; then
\
    made_local=yes; \
fi; \
if test "$made_local" != "yes"; then \
    make "local-$otarget" || exit 1; \
fi
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

Thoughts?