httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Kevac Marko <ma...@kevac.org>
Subject Using mod_rewrite in my authorization module. Need advice.
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 21:24:32 GMT
Hello.

I am porting our authorization module to mpm_worker from mpm_prefork.
This authorization module was using some ugly, but nevertheless
working hack which messes with mod_rewrite configuration.

This authorization module check user permissions for current url A and
rewrites url to AA or AB according to permission check result. Because
I didn't want to reimplement mod_rewrite and because mod_rewrite don't
have any API for url rewriting, this ugly hack was made. I am changing
mod_rewrite configuration on the fly, putting A->AA or A->AB
RewriteRule to it.

I hope you understood that. Ok. This works. But only in mpm_prefork,
where only one execution thread exists in apache process.

Now I need same functionality, but in mpm_worker. And I don't have
idea how to do it easily.

Only two ideas came into my mind:
1) Reimplement needed mod_rewrite functionality in out authorization module.
2) Patch or fork mod_rewrite module. Implement some API (like
rewrite(from, to);) which could be used for url rewriting with full
mod_rewrite power.
3) Patch mod_rewrite and enclose RewriteRules configuration with
locks. Sick! Ugly!

What do you think? I am looking forward for comments and advices. Thanks.

--
Marko Kevac
Sent from Moscow, Mow, Russia