httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From mcqueenor...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Finding memory leaks in httpd and httpd modules
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:12:36 GMT
I have done a lot of c module development. I have found the same problem and wound up simply
running the module under load while keeping an eye on memory usage.

Use the pools. They are great and will keep you safe. Any other use of memory allocation should
be very carefully considered.

------Original Message------
From: Kevac Marko
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
To: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org
ReplyTo: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Finding memory leaks in httpd and httpd modules
Sent: Feb 16, 2010 12:09 AM

Hello.

What is the best way for finding memory leaks in httpd and httpd modules?

Are there any howtos?

I'v tried valgrind a little, but few obstacles appeared:

1. Valgrind expects for binary to exit normally. I have managed to do
that with MaxRequestsPerChild and -X parameter.
2. Valgrind reports about lots of stuff, probably connected with apr
pools, but nothing useful.

OS: Linux

--
Marko Kevac