httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Devin Ceartas <de...@nacredata.com>
Subject Linking in libraries to Apache Module
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 23:44:45 GMT
Playing around with this a bit, but not getting too far...

The logic of my SQLite code works if I compile it as a stand-alone
executable.

My mod_hello.c compiles and loads/works fine without the SQLite code

Combining the two, the module compiles and is installed, but the
apache process dies immediately (core dump) every time it is loaded.
Stripping out all the SQLite code and simply linking against SQLite
causes this problem. In other words, with the same code:

apxs -cia -L/usr/local/lib -I/home/devin mod_hello.c
/* Works Fine, prints "hello world" */

apxs -cia -L/usr/local/lib -I/home/devin -lsqlite3 mod_hello.c
/* compiles but dies on apache load */
The platform is OpenBSD 4.6 with the platform's version of Apache 1.3
and SQLite 3.6.20 downloaded from the SQLite site and compiled from
source

Since I'm just getting started with C apache modules, I assume I'm
missing something basic.