httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Linking in libraries to Apache Module
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 02:24:55 GMT

On 7 Dec 2009, at 23:44, Devin Ceartas wrote:

> apxs -cia -L/usr/local/lib -I/home/devin mod_hello.c
> /* Works Fine, prints "hello world" */
>
> apxs -cia -L/usr/local/lib -I/home/devin -lsqlite3 mod_hello.c
> /* compiles but dies on apache load */
> The platform is OpenBSD 4.6 with the platform's version of Apache 1.3 and SQLite 3.6.20
downloaded from the SQLite site and compiled from source

Don't link libsqlite.

apr_dbd may already be loading libsqlite.  If for instance you've
got more than one libsqlite installed and the two load different
versions, segfault is the expected outcome.

If apache DBD API doesn't meet your needs, you can invoke
sqlite directly, but use LoadFile so sysops can load libsqlite if
and only if it's not already loaded.

--
Nick Kew