httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: Linking in libraries to Apache Module
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 23:56:21 GMT
Devin Ceartas wrote:
> The logic of my SQLite code works if I compile it as a stand-alone
> executable.
>
> My mod_hello.c compiles and loads/works fine without the SQLite code
>
> Combining the two, the module compiles and is installed, but the
> apache process dies immediately (core dump) every time it is loaded.
> Stripping out all the SQLite code and simply linking against SQLite
> causes this problem. In other words, with the same code:
>
> apxs -cia -L/usr/local/lib -I/home/devin mod_hello.c
> /* Works Fine, prints "hello world" */
>
> apxs -cia -L/usr/local/lib -I/home/devin -lsqlite3 mod_hello.c
> /* compiles but dies on apache load */
> The platform is OpenBSD 4.6 with the platform's version of Apache 1.3
> and SQLite 3.6.20 downloaded from the SQLite site and compiled from
> source
>
> Since I'm just getting started with C apache modules, I assume I'm
> missing something basic.

If using a Linux-based system, I'd suggest ensuring that ld.so.conf is
setup to point to the directory or that the compile has the runtime path
for the sqlite library.  For example, I have added  "-rpath
/usr/local/lib -rpath /usr/local/lib/mysql" to my -L parameters for apxs
to load mySQL external modules dynamically in the past.

Linux-based systems also have an "strace" command that may be used to
figure out what libraries are missing.

--
Joe Lewis
Chief Nerd 	SILVERHAWK <http://www.silverhawk.net/> 	(801) 660-1900

/Rights that do not flow directly from duty well performed are not worth
having.
    --Mohandas K. Gandhi/