httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Ray Morris <supp...@bettercgi.com>
Subject Re: Bandwith limit/per user from mysql
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 04:28:40 GMT
> do i have to count every bit?

   You have to count every bucket, and do it carefully
because there are some pitfalls you run into when you
implement it in the real world.  Be aware that the major
browsers have recently changed so they will by default
use many connections.  Download agents which behave
strangely are also not uncommon and need to be handled
gracefully.  These things I learned implementing our
commercial module for this purpose.
--
Ray Morris
support@bettercgi.com