httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Pope <Shane.M.P...@gmail.com>
Subject Recv'ing data directly from a socket and running it through SSL input filter.
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 06:49:48 GMT
Hello modules-dev mailing list,
I'm attempting to write a module that proxy's bits from an outside host to a
local port under SSL. I have everything working except reading data from the
client socket, and sending it through the SSL filter to decrypt it.

For outputting bits to the client connection I can get the data from the
local socket like this

rv = apr_socket_recv(local_socket, buffer, &nbytes);

and call these two functions, which would pass the bits through the output
filters.

ap_rwrite(buffer, nbytes, r);
ap_rflush(r);

But I cannot read bits directly from the client socket, because it's
encrypted. I've attempted to pass the bits through input_filters but failed.

rv = apr_socket_recv(client_socket, buffer, &nbytes);
//tried passing bits through filters, but don't know what I'm doing wrong.
what next?

Thanks,
Shane